Thursday, January 6, 2011

Post # 14 Ms. Palin Again!

One thing I can say truthfully about this woman is that she gives bloggers like me a lot of fuel for our fires.
But first, I need to apologize for the length of time since the last post.  I’ve changed addresses, gone through the holidays, lost a computer, been sick a couple of times, nursed my household through a couple of illnesses, and generally stayed very busy.  Right now, the holidays are over, I’m working on a netbook which is quirky to say the least, everyone is healthy, and I’m working on time management skills to meet several goals for the upcoming year.  Yay!
Back to La Sarah.
Who in the world can say what is in this woman’s mind?  Did you know that she had a reality show on TLC?  I never watched it, but a very good friend did and her exact words were “What a moron!”  I read that it was mostly a thinly veiled campaign stunt.  She has also made the comment that she would only run for the Presidency if no one else wanted to.  I promised to run just so she wouldn’t.
Mostly, though, I stand in stunned disbelief as I watch the double standard she applies to the world and to her family.  She truly believes that it’s okay for her family to behave in the exact ways that she condemns in the rest of the world.  Her daughter Willow tweeted a vile bullying message and used the word “faggot” to describe someone.  Rather than try to use the incident as an opportunity to teach her daughter restraint, maturity, discretion, or any of a number of other virtues, Sarah simply said, “It’s okay because she felt her family was being attacked.”  But it’s okay for Willow to attack someone else?  That doesn’t sound right.  And what happens IF she’s elected President?  We start nuclear war because someone said something bad about her family?  That’s a little scary.
Just the other day, Kathy Griffin said she was now out to get Willow Palin for using the F-word.  Kathy’s exact words were reported as “No one uses the F-word and doesn’t hear about it from me!  I’m taking her down.”  Okay, Kathy G is in her 40s, and Willow is 16.  Doesn’t sound right to me.  Willow hasn’t repeated the offensive behavior (at least it hasn’t be reported that she has) and the assumption is that possibly her parents handled the situation, for good or ill.  What right does Kathy G have to “go after” Willow?  Kathy sounds more like a bully than a concerned citizen.  And as a gay man in today’s society, I’d rather not be defended by someone who’s using the same tactics as those trying to oppress me.
Just sayin’.

No comments: