Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Post # 13 Kissing is WRONG!

Okay, one more rant for the night.  I just heard about this one.
Two women were ejected from a Baltimore Ravens game a few weeks ago because it was alleged that they had stolen beer from a concession stand.  Even after they had proved that they had paid for everything they had, and a police officer backed them up, the security guards still ejected them.  Then only reason given, according to the women, was that they were being obscene.   What were they doing?
They were kissing each other.
While they were waiting for their order of fries to be cooked, they stood away from the concession stand and had their arms around each other, and (per their story) occasionally kissed each other, as many other straight couples were doing.
I wasn’t there, so I don’t know what was happening or not happening.  But I do know this:  When gay couples are doing the same thing that straight couples are doing, people resent it.  A LOT!!
I tend to get lulled into a sense of complacency at times.  Just because things in my life are going well, and that all the people I know accept me and my values, then that’s what is happening everywhere.  That isn’t the case, and stories like these make me realize that it isn’t easy for everyone who isn’t me.  Hell, it isn’t that easy for people who live in my house!
And I wonder what it’s going to take for everyone to feel as secure as I do (at times) not only in my house, but in my state (where what I do is still against the law), and in my country, and on my planet.
Remember, Love is Louder!

No comments: