Sunday, August 29, 2010

Post #4 - The Fallen Soldier

Why Can’t We All Just Get Along?
I think that anyone who protests at the funeral of a fallen soldier has obviously never ever had to endure the trauma of watching a loved one die. Period. I think that anyone who protests at the funeral of a fallen soldier should be punished in some way that I cannot as yet figure out, but that punishment should be immediate, harsh, and unrelenting. I think that anyone who protests at the funeral of a fallen soldier should be made to understand not the pain and sensibilities of the family who are burying their loved one, but also the pain and sensibilities of that person who fell defending their country, thereby giving all citizens the right to protest at their funeral. I think that anyone who protests at the funeral of a fallen soldier should be punished in some way that I have not yet envisioned, that will make them understand the pure sacrifice, the pure honor, the purity of the soul which has died in the defense of our country which allows the protests, so that the protests will end, and understanding and acceptance can start.

I honor that fallen soldier and their families and wish there was something more that I could do besides write in a silly blog.

No comments: